Clear all

Precision gun not precise?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@christian-orozco)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

I have a 6mm arc ar15 that I had put together not long ago. I took it to the range and shot a couple of groups. As Atheris promises, the gun fires sub moa groups using 108 eld match ammo. I changed out the flash hider for a tuner brake from Erik Cortina. It shoots the groups even smaller but randomly it will throw a flier. I have set the tuner to different settings and all do groups as he explains it but I will still randomly get the flier. it seems to always shoot at least an inch lower at 100 yards. Seeing the harmonics are affected exactly as Erik explains it, I am sure it is not the issue. What do you all think might be the issue? Would putting on a brake affect the pressures and need adjustment on the gas block? I would do more testing but am out of ammo. I would reload it but I do not have the right powders to do so on tested and published data. Does anyone know if you can load 6mm ARC with blc-2? It is the only powder I currently have for small cartridge calibers such as 223. Thank you

Posted : 07/12/2022 12:45 AM
(@smallgroups)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: @christian-orozco

it seems to always shoot at least an inch lower at 100 yards

You're saying that the flyers are 1" low or the entire group?

Posted : 07/12/2022 10:30 AM
(@tmann)
Longshot Neophyte

Posted by: @christian-orozco

Does anyone know if you can load 6mm ARC with blc-2? It is the only powder I currently have for small cartridge calibers such as 223. Thank you

You can use LEVERevolution from Hodgdon and it's available right now in 1# & 8#:
https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon-leverevolution/

Posted : 07/12/2022 2:07 PM
(@christian-orozco)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

@smallgroups no the group will land where i am aiming and is typically at .5 to .7 moa. when it fires the flier that I get randomly, it will shoot it low at least an inch but sometimes it will shoot it even lower. no rapid fire of course. at least 2 seconds between shots due to i want to verify the ammo and such

Posted : 07/12/2022 7:46 PM
(@christian-orozco)
New Member Customer
Topic starter

@tmann that is epic thank you! I have researched your recommendation and found two sources that claim they have better luck with this particular powder for the 6mm arc. I will have to try it out!

Posted : 07/12/2022 7:47 PM

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: